Pomerene Hospital Blog
Why you SHOULDN'T Delay Emergency Care
Throughout the Pandemic, Pomerene Hospital Emergency Department has remained open to care for our Community! We know there are concerns about catching the virus, but if you have a true health emergency do not delay getting care that could negatively impact your health in the future.
It is important that you feel safe and confident when you are a patient in any of our facilities.
- Your health matters, don’t wait to get medical care.
- Our Emergency Department team is always ready when you need us - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- We are taking extra steps to keep you safe! From re-arranged waiting rooms to screening everyone that enters our facilities.Here are some of the additional steps we are taking to protect you:
- Isolating those with COVID-19 in designated areas and units.
- Requiring everyone to wear mask. No worries if you don’t have one, we will provide one for you.
- Expanding the distance between chairs in waiting areas.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas, deep cleaning between patients, and using an UV Cleaning Robot multiples times per day.
- Limiting visitation (find updated visitor restrictions here)
- Screening every person when they enter the hospital-patients, visitors, and employees are screened and temperatures taken.
You can be confident that our Emergency Department is safe, operational and prepared to handle health emergencies when you need us.