Pomerene Hospital Blog
New Year, New You!
As 2014 comes to an end and we begin 2015, it is time to take a moment to think about the things we would like to accomplish or change for the New Year. Are you one of those individuals who make New Year’s resolutions each year and simply does not follow the agenda? Are you simply stuck on which resolution you should focus on? If this is you, you are not alone!
According to forbes.com, out of the 40% of people who make New Year’s resolutions, only 8% actually achieve their goals. Why do so many people fail at goal-setting, and what are the secrets behind those who succeed? Basically, you need to keep it simple and make it tangible. With so many competing priorities in your life, you must make simple, realistic goals you know can be accomplished. It is important to avoid setting such ambitious goals that most likely may lead to failure or frustration.
Below, you will find suggestions for New Year’s resolutions that are sure to start year 2015 off right!
Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions for 2015:
Source: IB Times
1. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise! Now that the holiday feasts and merry baking are over, it is time to focus on the health of your body. Start year 2015 off right by working out regularly and eating a healthy diet to shred the unwanted pounds. Try working out with a friend, it’s more fun! Visit Pomerene Hospital’s Health and Wellness page for more information.
2. Cut Back On Sugar. No matter what, it is always a good idea to minimize overall sugar intake. If you have a reoccurring sweet tooth, grab for fruits instead of processed desserts like cookies, candies, and cakes. Visit Pomerene Hospital’s Nutritional Counseling page for more information.
3. Prioritize Time For YOU. Taking care of YOU is not a selfish act. It will actually help you recharge and feel much better about yourself and your loved ones. Whether you go to the spa, a movie, or simply sip on tea while reading a new book, make sure you pencil in “Me” time.
4. Give More Hugs and Be Happy. By simply giving the gift of a hug to someone, it will not only make that person feel better, but it will also make you happy and less stressed. In 2015, focus on making others happy so you can follow along.
5. Get More Sleep. In 2015, make it a priority to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. This will recharge your body after a long day’s work and you will be ready to tackle each task with ease the next day! If you are having trouble sleeping, please visit Pomerene Hospital’s Sleep Lab page.
You have a New Year in front of you filled with wonderful opportunities. Pomerene Hospital wishes you the best of luck on achieving your New Year’s resolutions.