An opening currently exists for a part-time (24 hours a week) LPN to float between nursing departments predominantly on dayshift and afternoon shift. Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
The essential functions of the LPN Float include:
- Moves throughout the facility as needed, appropriately assists in emergency drills and situations, and demonstrates the physical, clinical, and professional capacity to provide direct patient care as described in the tasks and duties of this position.
- Coordinates patient care as assigned, which includes assessing and interpreting patient care information and data.
- Performs effectively in all nursing units.
- Provides appropriate patient and family education.
- Works cooperatively with unit staff, registered nurses, physicians and ancillary departments.
- Maintains high standards for professional nursing practice.
- Performs all tasks and duties of this position according to hospital and department policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates commitment to Pomerene Hospital’s Values.
The successful candidate will have a current LPN licensure in the State of Ohio, BCLS certification are also required. Candidates must be motivated and adapt well to constant change and be willing to float to all clinical areas of the hospital; which may include floating between two units during an assigned shift.